Chairman of Trade Unions of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Bakytzhan Abdraim was born May 13, 1965 in Karatau city, Zhambyl region, Kazakh. His father – Zharylkasyn Abdraim, an electrical engineer, pensioner. Mother – Abdraimova Kairkul, a teacher, pensioner. He has three brothers and sister. Language proficiency: Russian, English and Turkish languages.
In 1990 graduated from the S.M. Kirov Kazakh state university with a degree in Jurisprudence, as a qualified lawyer. In 1993 finished postgraduate study of S.M. Kirov KAZGU. In 1997 graduated from the Turan University in specialty “Banking and Finance “, as a qualified economist. In 2001 finished doctoral studies in Scientific Research Institute of state and right of RAS of the Russian Federation in specialty “The ecological right, the land right, the environmental right”.
In 1995 got a Candidate degree in Law Sciences on the subject “Land Disputes in the Republic of Kazakhstan”, and in 2001 got a PhD of Jurisprudence (habilitated degree) on the subject “Problems of improvement of forms of action of realization of the land right standards”.
Has an academic status of professor, he is a corresponding member NAS RK, the honorary Academician NAS RK. He is honorary professor of a number of foreign higher education institutions, the author of 6 monographs, 30 training and practical aids and more than 100 publications in various branches of the right. He is elected as the President of the International Association of Lawyers of the Turkic World and the member of Coordination Council of the International Union of Lawyers.
– June 1990 – March 1992 – corporate lawyer
– March 1992 – July 1993 – economic adviser of Chief State Arbitrator of the Republic of Kazakhstan
– July 1992 – April 1993 – State Arbitrator
– April 1993 – November 1995 – Judge of Superior Arbitration Court of the Republic of Kazakhstan
– November 1995 – April 2002 – Judge of Supreme Court of the Republic of Kazakhstan
– June 2001 – December 2002 – Chairman of Association of Judges of the Republic of Kazakhstan
– October 2001 – December 2002 – Member of Superior Court Board of the Republic of Kazakhstan
– April 2002 – March 2006 – Head of Representative office of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan to Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan of the Administration of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
– March 2006 – November 2006 – Head of office of Senate of the Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan
– November 2006 – March 2007 – Rector of Akmola University of technology and business
– March 2007 – October 2007 – Chairman of judicial administration Committee by Supreme Court of the Republic of Kazakhstan
– October 2007 – April 2008 – Head of Representative office of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan to Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan of the Administration of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
– April 2008 – July 2011 – Rector of L.N.Gumilev Eurasian National University
– July 2011 – May 2012 – Director of research institute “State and legal researches, development and expertise” of the L.N.Gumilev Eurasian National University
– May 2012 – October 2013 – President of JSC “Military-Strategic Studies Center” by Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Kazakhstan
– October 2013 – May 2014 – Deputy Minister of Defence of the Republic of Kazakhstan
– May 2014 – March 2016 – Deputy Minister of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan
– March 2016 – November 2017 – Deputy of Parliament Mazhilis of the Republic of Kazakhstan of VI session
– April 2016 –Chairman of the Dissertations Board in specialties “Jurisprudence” and “International Law” by the decision of the Board of Studies of the L.N.Gumilev Eurasian National University
– November 2017 – Chairman of Trade Unions of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Orders: “Kurmet” (2004), “Parasat” (2014)
- Honorary degree: “Honorable Judge”, “Honored Worker of the Court System” (2007), “Honored Worker of the Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan” (2008)
- Anniversary medals
- Bound to service, senior sergeant in reserve