Republican tripartite commission
Social partnership in the Republic of Kazakhstan is provided in the form of cooperation between the parties through the bodies of social partnership:
– At the national level – Republican tripartite commission on social partnership and regulation of social and labor relations;
– At the sectoral level – sectoral commissions on social partnership and regulation of social and labor relations;
– At the regional level – regional, city and district commissions for social partnership and regulation of social and labor relations.
The activities of the Republican tripartite commission on social partnership and regulation of social and labor relations is based on the Labor Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated May 15, 2007 in the form of meetings of representatives of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan, republican associations of workers and national employers’ associations, meetings of the working groups of the Commission, consultation, collective bargaining, coordinated positions of the parties in the main areas of social and labor and related economic relations.
Personal structure of the Commission formed by each social partner (member of the social partners) on their own. The number of members of the party, is determined by agreement of the parties, but must not exceed 7 people.
The main goals of the Commission are to regulate social and labor relations and coordination of the interests of the social partners.
The main tasks of the Commission are:
1) coordinate the positions of the social partners in key areas of social and economic policies;
2) the development and conclusion of agreements;
3) the development, coordination and approval of measures to implement the agreements;
4) consultation and recommendations on issues related to the ratification and implementation of international labor standards.
The functions of the Republican tripartite commission are:
1) review (at the initiative of the social partners) legislation in the field of social and labor relations, and to make recommendations thereon;
2) Adding to the executive authorities of proposals for the development and adoption of normative legal acts in the field of social and labor relations;
3) approval of the National Qualifications Framework;
4) develop and coordinate actions to prevent social and labor conflicts and strikes;
The main document of the social partners in the Republic of Kazakhstan is a general agreement concluded between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan, republican associations of workers and national associations of employers. Today operates the General Agreement for 2015 – 2017 years, which was signed on 25 December 2014.
One of the main tasks of the trade unions is to provide reliable protection of social and labor rights and interests of workers on the basis of collective agreements, which are the main instrument of social and economic struggle of trade unions.
In addition to statutory law and social security, which in the Labour Code should be reflected in the employment contract, the majority of trade union organizations seeking inclusion in the collective agreements of additional social protection.
As of January 1, 2015 in Kazakhstan concluded 62,271 collective agreements, so organizations coverage by collective agreements is 34.5% of the total number of business entities (180,550 the number of active enterprises).